My Experience of Reality : Objective to Subjective


Recently I went for a get together of my high school batch mates. Never had thought a possibility of that exists and when it suddenly came to my conscious it was definitely a surprise. But joining and experiencing the high energy of that congregation was a pleasant surprise.

I could not recognize most of the male batch mates at the first sight. But it was not awkward as the non recognition of the other was mutual in most cases. And that made the reintroduction process a fun game of guessing and failing and re-guessing and at times failing and at times shouting out their names with sheer pleasure of recollection of their names. What was surprising however to me was towards the end of the day when I looked those faces I felt there was not much change in their facial contours from the memory I had of them. Amazing! My mind had mapped out the new faces with the old ones stored in my subconscious and all the changes that seemed discords had been overlooked…! The impact of more than three decades of time was simply put aside and they looked almost same as they were in my perception.  End of the day in my mind I thought they have not changed so much.. Why was I not able to recognize them in the beginning??

That fascinating experience gave me the understanding that how quickly our minds filter out what we want to perceive and what not. So what we want to look is what we see, what we want to listen is what we get to hear and so on. So the entire external existence to me if is the 'objective reality' what I experience of that is my 'subjective reality'. By my intention I flow into the life which is a slice of the vast possibilities that is there to access. Reminds you of Rhonda Byrne’s book and film on Law of Attraction -'The Secret'?

Thus my ‘real world’ is actually the fragment of the world which I am able to map with my mind. It is actually ‘My World’ – never same as anybody else’s world. 

 I remembered what I had recently read about the debate of subjective reality versus objective reality by Dr Deepak Chopra. For me it was an intriguing reading. In fact there are so many write ups on the subject if you choose to google search. A simpler reading was a blog on the subject by Christie Marie Sheldon.

At this moment I am happy on my experiential realization of the concept. All those reading can be done later. Of course you are free to choose your own experience. 

Let me flow with mine and you with yours.. J


Comments

Anonymous said…
lucid writing....each paragraph takes a cue from the previous one...one of the toughest in writing

Keep it up

Popular posts from this blog

Simple things of joy in life..

Pedestrian dignity

If you had only a day to live?